Barking and District Historical Society

Go to content

Main menu

West Bank Cottages

Pictures > Barking > Barking S-Z

West Bank Cottages

Tony Clifford has just unearthed the above photograph which he  used in Barking & Dagenham buildings past & present (1992). The photograph was taken by Barking UDC Engineer & Surveyor's Department in July 1929. The door on the left is numbered 2, so the lady and children are probably standing at no. 3. Nos 1-5 West Bank were badly flooded in 1953. A map on page 12 shows the location between Back River and the Roding.

Back to content | Back to main menu