Wellington Windmill Barking 1815-
The windmill was built in 1815 and presumably named after the Duke of Wellington who was victorious at the Battle of Waterllo in that year. It was a weather boarded smock windmill. In the late 1800s the mill was occupied by Francis Whitbourne and later the Firman family. It was converted to electric power 1906 and finally demolished in 1926.
The inscription stone is in Valence House.
Windmills by Frank Brangwyn RA & Hayter Preston