Barking and District Historical Society

Go to content

Main menu:

Magistrates Court

Pictures 1

This building was designed by Charles J. Dawson and constructed 1893-1894. It originally housed the Public Offices and Free Library. Pevsner descibes it as "A jolly, Flemish Renaissance design in brick with warm terracotta and stone dressings, much carved and decorated". Was the design inspired by Eastbury House?

Barking Magistrates' Court

Back to content | Back to main menu